Please see below a communication from Sheila Curran, Justice Coordinator at AMRI.
Greetings from the AMRI Justice Desk.
I am writing to inform you about two important events that the AMRI Justice Desk will be participating in to mark St. Patrick’s Day.
1. I have been working with members of the Dublin Interfaith Forum on a letter which will be presented to the Lord Mayor of Dublin, Brendan Carr asking for solidarity with migrants and refugees in advance of St Patrick’s Day. This event will take place in the Drawing Room, the Mansion House on Wednesday 14th at 4pm.
2. AMRI is a member of the Justice for Undocumented coalition. I encourage any of you who are in Dublin on Thursday 16th March to join with the undocumented in a vigil which is being organised to show solidarity with the undocumented in the US. Below are the details.
Time to stand up for the undocumented.
6.30pm • Thurs 16th March (St Patrick’s Eve!) • across from MRCI, Dame St
Right now, undocumented people in the US and Ireland are living in fear. They need your voice more than ever. Help us send support and solidarity across the Atlantic by joining our candlelit rally on Thursday March 16th at 6.30pm.
As a valued member of JFU’s coalition of endorsers, the support of AMRI has never been more important. While the Taoiseach prepares to present the traditional shamrock to President Trump, we’ll light our own shamrock of hope, and Justice for the Undocumented leaders will read their extraordinary open letter to undocumented people in the US.
We are asking our endorsers to
1. Come on down to Dame Street on the 16th at 6.30pm. It’s a 40-minute affair and our undocumented leaders would love to welcome you.
2. Encourage your colleagues, friends and contacts to join us too.
3. Spread the word and share it on Facebook and Twitter.
Undocumented people live here, work here, and belong here. They just want a chance to be documented again. Watch this Prime Time segment, check out our short film, and start your St Patrick’s Day celebrations by standing up for the undocumented in the US and Ireland.
Here’s the Facebook event page. See you on Thursday 16th!
In solidarity and deep appreciation,
Helen, Kate and the JFU leaders group
I also take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy St. Patrick’s Day.
Sheila Curran RSM,
Missionaries of Africa,
Cypress Grove Road,
Dublin 6WY V12.
Tel: 01 5310055