In March 1717, Sister Mary Bellew and a small community arrived in Dublin (a “seed planted” from the Dominican convent in Galway.) Penal laws in Dublin were not so rigorously enforced as in other parts of the country. For six months the nuns lived in Fisher’s Lane before moving to Channel Row in September 1717. “The rest is history!” -so well recorded by our Sisters in recent decades.
For more details, see this website link WHO WE ARE, with Drop down menu –HISTORY and BOOKS.
The drop down menu in WHAT WE DO provides insights into how and where the seed, planted in Dublin in 1717, has grown and sprouted other branches in the following three centuries.